Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ready to retire

I've been watching music videos on youtube. While country music isn't my favorite genre, I do love Faith Hill and Tim McGraw and am struck by how much they seem to be in love. It's hard to keep that passion and intensity after years of being with the same person. Life can be very difficult and it's not always champagne roses and caviar dreams. But they make marriage seem great and wonderful all the time. Sometimes I enjoy buying into the fantasy and sometimes it causes a slight shift in the way I view my own marriage. And that can be a good thing.

Church in the morning and a memorial service for a very special friend who died on Friday in the afternoon. Franklin and I will both attend and do our parts to comfort the grieving family and very humbly show our respect to a great man, John Estes.

No comments:

Post a Comment