It was a deadly week on Iowa roads. First, last Monday, four motorcyclists were hit head-on in a construction zone and all died at the scene. The driver of the truck that hit them is suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol. Then over the weekend, six people died in a two vehicle accident near Newton on Interstate 80. Today we found out that a seventh person, a 14 year old died of his injuries. So sad. And in addition, investigators are having difficulty making positive IDs because of language and cultural barriers.
I felt like I had a hundred media calls today in addition to getting ready for Congressman's Boswell's visit tomorrow meeting. I hope that everything goes well. The Lt Governor and Commissioner will be speaking. I'm the only person in the office. Not enough of me to go around this week!
Still trying to get kids ready to go back to school. Need to buy school supplies. Have a couple of other major projects to finish up. Might take a day off this week. Would love to go to the fair or Adventureland. We'll see how it goes.
Stay safe!
CG
No comments:
Post a Comment