Today I had a good, productive day at work. We had a great event at the ICN room, where Congressman Leonard Boswell congratulated the ICN on a $16.2 million BTOP grant for broadband infrastructure. The Commissioner and LG did great. I ended the Q&A part of the program when I could hear the figurative crickets in the background. I'm so thankful to the woodworking guys from DAS for getting the room in tip top shape before the event.
Answered more than a dozen media inquiries (enough fatal car crashes!) and didn't get to the FOIA requests that seem to be stacking up on my desk. My goal is to finish them tomorrow.
I had a great conversation with my confidante today. sHE is smart, experienced in a number of occupations and smart as hell. Today we had a real conversation about the future, our shared history, our futures and how important sHe is in my life and career. I am so blessed to have a person of her integrity, experience, expertise, wisdom and excellence. sHe is my mentor and someone to whom I will have a lifetime connection. I feel blessed to have her in my life. She spent an hour with me after work, discussing politics, government, politics, state government, politics, economics, politics, the future and more politics. After all, aren't all politics local?
Even though funds are tight, tonight we took the girls school shopping at Walmart. Before bed, Samantha said that she was happy and feels ready to go back to school. PRICELESS! There are a couple of bills that won't get paid, but we're doing the best we can, given the fact that we are living off my salary. I'll be so happy when the husband gets a paid gig. It's very empowering knowing that I can support my family, but I need a little bit of that stress to subside. However, I put my trust in God and give Him the glory for seeing us through the really tough times.
I'm reading a book, recommended by my mentor, My American Journey. Very intriguing beginning. 617 pages total. Franklin called from Barnes and Noble and described it as War and Peace. Ha ha. He got the new Secret book called The Power. It looks and feels like it's 12 pages long. I liked The Secret and I'm sure I'll appreciate The Power.
Rachel wants to work out more and get into shape. Who has the energy for that? I can barely pour the Coppola Pinot Noir at the end of the night! Right. More tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment