I have recently jumped headfirst into the web design arena. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, but there is an element of instant gratification when you complete a page and it actually looks pretty good. I'm working on a website for the Des Moines Chapter of The Links, Incorporated, one for Mells Industries, and I recently complete one for Franklin's Command Results. I've even learned how to create hyperlinks to other website and email addresses. I don't know how to do fancy things like moving graphics, banners, and video that plays when the site opens.
Hopefully I can get paid for some of these endeavors. They take a lot of time to create and more mental energy to create decent, meaningful content. I'm big on content. I think it's what drives good websites. The next thing would be to post a blog. This is the test run. We have some big initiatives on the horizon and blogging could be an excellent way to spread the word about it and show other chapters how easy it is. However, someone needs to be committed to updating it regularly.
That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment