Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rest

Have you ever worked, wifed, mothered, volunteered, studied, worshipped and given so much of yourself that there isn't any of you left over for you? Well, that's where I am so I am taking a couple of days off. I feel utterly and completely depleted emotionally and physically. I could sleep for about three weeks straight. I also hate that our society heaps praise on women who do it all, and never take time for themselves. I think that's plain dumb. And now when I need to take time for my own sanity, I'm taking it. I'm grateful for a boss that agrees that I will be a better employee, wife, mother and community member when my emotional tank is full.

Things are especially tough for women whose husbands are unemployed or underemployed. More on that later when I have time and energy to address it. I'm going to take a nap now!

CG

No comments:

Post a Comment