There is a community forum today in Des Moines to address confronting the achievement gap in education. It's sponsored by the Central Area and the Des Moines Chapter of The Links, Incorporated. It goes from 10:30 a.m. through 12:30 p.m. I have made numerous media calls and am working hard to persuade reporters that this is a worthwhile event to cover on a Saturday.
I should probably be at the forum, but I think it's more important that I greet any reporters who show up. I'm hoping that Channel 5 and 8 come. I also hope it receives some coverage from the Des Moines Register.
It's cold in the hotel. I've been catching up on Facebook. I never know whether to post Links stuff on social media.
Boo ya! I just got a phone call from Dan Winters at WHO TV and I think Emily Carlson will be here to do a story on this event! They will hopefully come through for us after all!
No comments:
Post a Comment